Saturday, November 29, 2014

December TBR List

Winter and summer are my favorite times of year to read. Summer, obviously since I am not in school and can read as much as I want. Winter, because what is better than curling up while it is snowing with a blanket, hot cup and a good book! Winter is an indoor season for me and reading is my sport.

Here is my December To Be Read book list:

Is my current read. I have been waiting for this book for over a year. It was finally in a Scholastic book order and I was given $15 free and this is one that I got! So far so good! I need to finish it soon so I can take the reading test and get some AR points! My students will be so disappointed if I don't make my goal! This one is worth 10 whole points!

On Monday, I will start reading this to my students. I read it in college, but don't remember too much about it. I asked my Facebook friends if I should read this one or Soup on Ice by Richard Peck, and this one won! So hopefully the students enjoy it!

Also being read for AR points, but also for the Newbery checklist. I am still trying to read through all of the Newbery books. One of my students picked this one out for us to "read" together.

One of the gifts a student gave me for my birthday this year was this book. I have saved it for the snowy season. Should be a quick, easy, snowy read!

And finally, my Christmas book. Two years ago I decided to read a Christmas book each year. My dear sweet OMM loved Christmas and read Christmas books all year long. She was excited for me to join in on the fun. She gave me this book to read for this year. I will miss not being able to share with her.

There you have it! My December TBR and snow adventures to come!

What books are on your December TBR list?

No comments:

Post a Comment