Recently in class we did a "Write On" (a.k.a a quick write) that explored our rule breaking bad selves. I told them that we were going to make a list of 20 rules we had broken. They were excited about this until they actually sat down to make their list.
I had to "strongly" tell them that they just needed to write and to not think about it so much. Sitting down to write my own list, I realized how hard this really was! The task was cut down to ten rules broken. Easier, but still not easy! You would think that it would be easy, but it isn't!
I was able to come up with eleven rules that I was able/willing to share with 23 nine and ten year olds.
11 Rules I Have Broken:
- Driving faster than the speed limit
- Cheated (a few games, a spelling test, math tests a few times)
- Stole candy from City Market and a few other things here and there
- Lied (I tend to do this one the most.....oops.)
- Blew through a stop light (on accident, but it was still a rule broken)
- Used my phone in class
- Not used my turn signal (again not a BIG deal, but still a rule)
- Tore a page out of a Garflied comic book from the library because I wanted it
- Failed to touch the wall with two hands while doing the breast stroke
- Texting and driving
- Snuck into the drive in movie a few times