Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Slice of Life #1 - Today Was Tough

It has been months since I have participated in Slice of Life over at Two Writing Teachers.
I wanted to do so today, sat down at my computer and went blank. I couldn't think of a darn thing to write about.
About 30 minutes later I thought I could use this book to help me. Sure enough, it did!

Today was tough because                           .
Today in general wasn't too tough, but this morning was a different story. All during Christmas break I stayed up late. I slept in. I took naps. Then comes the first day back, and it is even a Monday! 
I had big plans for Monday morning. I set my alarm, two actually, and was going to get up, do a mile or two on the treadmill, my quiet times, get in early to make sure everything was in order before the students showed up.

Ask me if it happened. 

I slept through both alarms! Great way to start out the new semester. The only thing that happened that I planned for was that I got up! Thankfully I woke up on my own with plenty of time that I wasn't going to be late. Still I was disappointed in my botched plans.

Then today rolls around. Sunday night I was texting with my sister, who also teaches, and we were discussing how hard it is going to be to go back to school. I told her that Tuesday would be worse since it will be the second day back. She agreed and we headed to bed early.
Tuesday's plans looked a lot like Monday's plans. Ask me if I was successful.

Nope. 

My alarm went off, I heard it this time, but I changed it to an hour and a half later and went back to sleep! It was a lot harder to get up this morning than it was to get up yesterday! I can't imagine how Friday is going to look! I will be happy if I show up to school fully dressed and my hair done!
I can't really complain too much about my day. Even though I didn't get done what I wanted to get done and went for sleep instead, I didn't battle being tired at all through out the day. So I guess I needed those few extra minutes. 

Maybe tomorrow I will be successful on my morning plans!

How would you answer this question?

2 comments:

  1. Going back to work after a vacation is never easy. Sorry you slept through both alarms. That's the pits!

    Glad you're back to slicing! Hope you'll join us every Tuesday (and in March).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was tough for me because my To Do list at work was longer than the day.

    I loved the humor that came through this Slice - your voice was really strong. I hope you'll keep up the Slicing! (and I hope you make it to work with pants on Friday!)

    ReplyDelete