Saturday, March 1, 2014

March

As I stated in yesterday's post, February is over and that means that March is here! I am indifferent when it comes to March, but I do like the beginning of any month. It just seems like a new beginning and new adventures.

This March is bringing a new adventure for a few of us in fourth grade. We are unofficially participating in the Slice of Life Classroom Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. I since it is so new to me, I am only doing it with about seven or eight students. They all volunteered and seemed excited about it. I hope that they remember that it starts today even though it is Saturday and we aren't at school. I am participating also, but won't be posting all of them as blog posts. I hope to show case some of my student's slices at some point during this month. Kind of like a guest blogger.

On another note, I have three new obsessions, one being only hours old:
Diet Dr. Pepper
Almond Roca
Natalie Lloyd

If I could get all three together in the same place then I might just be in heaven! The dogs needed to use the loo around four this morning and then I couldn't get back to sleep so I picked up A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd and couldn't put it down! The language in it is superb! The way she describes things is an explosion for the senses. I then went and looked for her on-line and found her blog. I want to read every post she has ever written! I have just found my new read-aloud book starting on Monday!

Here are a few other things that will be happening in March:
~The Prattes return from NZ and I move back into my own humble abode
~Parent/Teacher conferences
~A day off after conferences (love these days!)
~State testing (possibly the longest two weeks of my life)
~St. Patrick's 5K
~My dad comes home from working in Kansas since the beginning of Jan.
~Guest post over at Brielle and Me
~Hopefully some unexpected adventures

What are you looking forward to this month?
Do you have any new obsessions?

1 comment: