Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sweet Summer Fling Januray Update

I got the email from Bookish saying it was time to review the month and how we were doing on our challenge. Does that mean that January is over already? Fraid so friends. There is still a little under a week left, but let's face it, we all round up. Plus with all the Valentine's stuff in the store, it is hard not to think that February is already here.

I am pleased with my start to the challenge and am still trucking along. I figured that I need to read at least three books a month and a few extra this summer to make it. Right on schedule!

So far I have crossed off two books from the list and hope to finish or get close to finishing the third this weekend while I recover from snowshoeing with my class yesterday in Estes Park. Who knew that it was a full body sport?

Here is what book candy I consumed this month:


Before I Die  by Jenny Downham was my first book of the year. I gave it three stars on Goodreads, but now that I have finished it, and read another book, I kind of want to change it to a two.

True Colors by Kristin Hannah had a lot of mixed reviews on Goodreads so I was a little worried. I read it quickly and had a hard time putting it down. Lots of drama and if something could go wrong it did. I found myself thinking about this one long after it was finished, and wondering about the characters. It too was given a three and I don't want to change its rating. I again enjoyed Kristin's style of writing and look forward to the other two books by her on my list.

Current read and third book of the month:

Speaking of not good reviews on Goodreads. This one seems to have taken a beating. I already know that it isn't going to be as good as the first two or three Anne books, but I am still finding the little joys that I get from L. M. Montgomery. I just have to know that the story of Anne is nearing an end and her story continues with her children. It reminds me of the Love Comes Softly series by Jeanette Oke. I am still an Anne fan until the end.

Not a bad start! Although I thought I was a fast reader, but the more I explore from other participants in the challenge, I am slow!

Here's to bookmances in February!

What books did you cross of your TBR pile this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment