Monday, January 20, 2014

Three Day Weekend Happiness

This couldn't be farther than the truth! I enjoy three day weekends immensely even though it throws my week off a tad, it is well worth it. Plus this week is going to be a little off at school anyway!

It has been a lovely weekend, filled with *heart flutters* everywhere.

Saturday I spent most of the day reading True Colors by Kristin Hannah while doing laundry and catching up on some other cleaning. Later that evening I had dinner with my OMM, Sarah and Alex. Nice and relaxing.

Sunday brought the epic win from the Broncos. I watched the game at the ranch. We actively watched the Bronco game, but did our own thing, (me reading) during the San Francisco/Seattle game. It was a nice day to just be and relax. This is the best part about Sunday...
Sitting on the porch with a book in a t-shirt!
Thank you Colorado.
Now for the extra day of the "weekend" I ended up staying the night at the ranch and getting up early to go with Jane to run some errands. We both forgot all of our money, so we had to make two trips (that part wasn't so fun,) but once we got going things picked up from there!

I started a blanket for a graduation gift  in November and ran out of yarn.  I didn't think this was going to be a problem, since gray is a common color right? Nope. I went to three different stores (one of them being Hobby Lobby) and NO ONE had gray yarn. I was able to find one skein at Michael's today, but need more than that. At this point I was trying to figure out what else I could do with this blanket to get it finished when Jane suggested checking Jo Ann Fabrics. Jackpot! They have the best selection of yarn I have seen in a long time. I was able to get the yarn I needed to finish my project and the knowledge of where to get my yarn from now on!

Another exciting thing on the crafting front is that I got the supplies to make what I hope is the coolest Valentine for my sister! I can't wait to get started!

Since we had some time to kill before Jane's doctor appointment, we went to a book store that we both had a gift card to. Do you think I was able to find the books I wanted? Nope. If I didn't have the gift card, every book I wanted would have been there. Oh the irony. They did have some of the JFic books I want to read, but they were all in hardback and I refuse to pay twenty dollars for a kids book! None-the-less, I did finally find a book that is on my list and got Meg Cabot's Size 12 Is Not Fat.

Over all, it was a very relaxing and happy weekend. Like I said earlier, it is going to be a crazy week, so hopefully I will be able to blog next weekend sharing all of our adventures.

Did you get a three day weekend? What did you do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment