Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Soup Week #2

Technically it is week four, but the last two weeks weren't soup making days. Even with a busy day, I was able to get a soup made.

This morning my dear friends, Jane and Henry, asked me to help them at their "flood" house. Last week they were affected by the flood and now the clean up stage has begun.

 
 I made the hour long trip with them to their house and on the way we just had to stop and celebrate the birthday of the ice cream cone!

 
This is why we had to drive an hour around.
 
Both sides of the bridge look like this and there isn't much of an idea of when it will be fixed. So until it does get fixed, the drive will be about an hour to get to the house.
 
We arrived and started packing stuff up in order to clean and replace cupboards and floors. They had already moved out most of the furniture and personal items the past week. Today the focus was the little things that you just aren't sure what to do with them. If you have ever moved, you know what I am talking about.
 
I helped as much as I could, even if it was providing comic relief and taking their minds off of their ruined home. I mean who wouldn't laugh at two people fighting over if a mosquito bite was really there or not?
 
Once we got the truck loaded and found a spot for Hobbs (my big dog boyfriend) and me in the backseat we headed back to the other side of the river to unload and have some soup.
 
I tried another recipe off of Pintrest and made Jalapeno Popper Soup.
 
 
 It was alright. Seconds were had, but a second making probably isn't going to happen.
 
I enjoyed my day of being with friends and helping them out, even if my body might be saying otherwise and I was attacked by several mosquitoes. (Really I was!)
 
P.S Happy First Day of Fall!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the bacon made it better, but jalapenos sound awful to me. The flood just leaves me speechless.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally figured out how to comment on your cool blogs! The picture of the road is crazy! I am very bummed that they had to move. :(

    ReplyDelete