Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Challenges in October

I should be at school right now working, but I am not. I am tired. So I am home, blogging. :0)

 
I love October even if sometimes we have a love/hate relationship!
For the month of October I want to be very ambitious and participate in three different challenges that I found on the Internet.

1. 31 Days of Lists Challenge
2. A push-up challenge
3. 31 miles in 31 days challenge

The list making one is a fun one and also one to help me journal more. I used to journal all the time, but since I graduated college and started teaching it has been pretty sporadic and I would like to do it more. I may or may not post all of the lists on the blog, but hope to do some of them because I think it is going to be fun.

Push-ups and I get along about as well as two cats tied together by their tails. I am not good at them. A year ago I was doing ok at them and then got sick and wasn't able to go to kickboxing for about a month and I haven't gotten back to where I was at. So I am going to show those push-ups who is boss and get better at them!

31 miles in 31 days is pretty self explanatory. I want to walk (and maybe jog a little) 31 miles in the 31 days of the month. The idea is mainly to get up and moving. I failed my goal from my fall bucket list for working out in September, so this is my redemption.

So without further delay, here we go!

List Challenge Day #1: Favorite Sounds
  1. When a child is truly, unadulterated laughing
  2. Water (rain, ocean, river, crick, swimmers doing the butterfly)
  3. Mac Powell's voice (from the Christian group Third Day. Makes my heart melt! AND while looking for a picture on the Internet, found out that he has a solo country album! Might have to check that one out!)
  4. The mountains (the silence, the breeze, the bugs, the elk, the trees, all of it!)

Ok, now I better get on the other two challenges before time runs out!

What are your favorite sounds?

3 comments:

  1. My favorite sounds are from my wind chimes. The bigger ones out back lull me to dreamland. I'll miss them when I put them away for the winter.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind chimes, pigeons, my kids laughing, me laughing with them, music love music, rain pattering against the window, water trickling in nature not in my house. This is quite a lot of October challenges. Cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wind chimes, when you hear flowing water before you see it, my child's laughter, hearing the right song at just the right time, the clink of glasses in a toast, a few of my favorite theme songs from many years ago, ummm.....that's just off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete