I figure that this is going to be a long week. The kids know that Christmas break is so close they can taste it. They know that there are three days of school left. Down fall of teaching them how to read a calendar. So why not find something that makes my *heart flutter* and have that little moment, even if it is past my bedtime.
|Brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish|
I have been waiting for this Top Ten topic for three weeks now! It is "Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013" and I had a pretty good list! Some I will read more books from, and others...not so much.
- Kathrine Applegate – The One and Only Ivan (could any sweeter book be written?)
- Claire Vanderpool – Navigating Early
- Diana Gabaldon – Outlander
- Ivan Doig – Whistling Season
- Ann Patchett- State of Wonder
- Stephen Chbosky – The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Jack Gantos - Dead End in Norvelt (Please put my name on the hold list for book two)
- Richard Newton Peck – Soup on Ice (Dear Publishing Company, start printing these books again!)
- Robert Peck – The Grandma Dowdell Series (would LOVE some more adventures with Grandma)
- John Boyne – Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Have you read any new-to-you authors this year?