|Brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish|
Looking back over my year of books, I was a little disappointed. It started at our book club Christmas party where we vote on our favorite book of the year and the person who picks it wins a present. No one really liked many of the books we read. Sadly, looking back at my list, I had the same thoughts. There were a few that I enjoyed, but some that I don't ever even want to admit that I read! Many of the ones that I did end up liking were jFic books that I read with my students or read in hopes to recommend them to my students.
Here is how things shook out for the year:
- Dragonfly in Amber/Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
- Anne of Windy Poplars and Anne's House of Dreams by Lucy Maude Montgomery
- The Dark Zone/ Cosmic Storm by Dom Testa
- A Year Down Yonder/ A Season of Gifts by Richard Peck
- So B. It by Sarah Weeks
- Ruby Holler by Sharon Creech
- Dead End in Norvel by Jack Gantos
- Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool
- Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
- Soup on Ice by Robert Newton Peck
The books that I really did not like were:
- Forever by Judy Blume
- Poisonwood Bible by Barbra Kingsglover
- State of Wonder by Ann Pachett
I really like how Goodreads keeps track of books that I have read and they did a handy "Books of 2013."
What were a few of the books you read in 2013? Favorite? Worst?