Monday, December 1, 2014

Hello Monday

Getting back into the blogging world after my break has been harder than I thought it was going to be. In fact I have sat here (instead of grading papers) for awhile thinking, searching, reading and planning on what to do with my blog and what to write about. Some of the reasons I took a break have come crashing back into my memory.

Anyway....thanks to good ol' Pintrest (you can find just about EVERYTHING on there!) I came across this blog through another blog and then a wild goose chase, and have decided to play along.

Hello Countdown to Christmas Break!
We have 14 days of school left until Christmas break. It seems weird to be writing that since we just finished up our Thanksgiving break. It seems like the time between the two holidays is getting shorter and shorter as the years go by! There are lots of things going on during those 14 days so we will be busy!

Hello to homemade Christmas gifts.
This year I am going to make several of my Christmas gifts for friends and family, which means I need to get busy! I can't tell you much more at this point, but once the gifts have been given, check back in! I am pretty excited. Thanks to my dear friend Jane for the ideas!

Hello to December
It's here! It will be gone before we know it and ringing in the new year. I always enjoy the beginning of a new month!

Hello to Book Club Christmas Party
I love this "meeting" every year! We normally do a white elephant gift exchange, but this year we are doing a container party. Simply bring some sort of container (socks, bag, tin, box etc.) with a treat in it. We also vote for the best book of the year and the person who picked the winner gets a prize. More on that later!

What are you saying hello to this week? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you sound like my daughter and DIL who are both teachers and are looking forward to another break so soon.

    Making Cmas gifts, how wonderful! I think we should all get into more of that type of gift giving for sure.

    Happy first week of Dec. and thanks so much for stopping by this morning!

    ReplyDelete