Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bucket List Check Off ~ Pallet Project

When I made my bucket list, I didn't realize I was going to get so much done so quickly! Today I was able to check off yet another item off of my list. My pallet project. I found an idea of turning a pallet into a bookshelf. I wanted to do this for my classroom and may still do another one for my house since I like it so much!

A friend donated a pallet to me from his work back in April, but it kept snowing and I wasn't able to work on it. Finally with school being out and no snow in the forecast, I decided to tackle the task.

Before

I tried to take off the boards that I didn't need on my own, but wasn't having much success. I haven't worked with hammers and wood a lot in life. Plus I didn't want to do any damage to the word that I needed to keep in whole. So I had to wait for assistance.


Thankfully Garth is pretty handy and knows how to tear apart a pallet!


 
 
 

 
Half way there!

 
Finished!
 
I am so stinkin happy right now! It was much easier than I originally thought it would be! I can't wait to put it in my classroom and display books. My heart couldn't possibly flutter anymore!

AND....we were able to save a few of the pieces of wood to use for other projects.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! And you know me... love the recycling!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete