Monday, May 20, 2013

Day #1 At the Ranch

For a whole week I will be house sitting for some friends who live and work on a ranch. I am very excited about this since I consider it my own little get away. There are trees everywhere and the whole place just makes my *heart flutters* I will be in charge of three dogs, five chickens, two horses and a few kittens and their mamas.

I didn't sleep well last night and I am not sure why. It is very quiet here (unless the dogs are barking at some unseen thing to my eyes out the window) and I don't know if that was throwing me off or just the fact that it was a new place. I have slept here before, so who knows. I was up and awake about every hour and a half. At four o clock I gave up and read a little bit. Once the sun started to come up, I fell back asleep for another three hours.


My sleeping companion.


When I finally woke up for the day I contemplated laying in bed for awhile reading since the bed was so comfortable (another reason I couldn't understand why I didn't sleep well.) Then realized that half the ranch was excited to have me there, and I didn't  know who would stop by when. I wasn't ready to have anyone here see me in my jammers, so I got up, showered and got dressed.

Since it was a beautiful morning, the dogs joined me for a walk. So nice to get out into the fresh air and move around. I collected a few pieces of old wood that might be turned into a craft. My walk was cut short when it started to sprinkle. I didn't want to be miles from the house if and when it started to down poor. I got back to the house just in time!



I sat out on the porch on the porch swing reading and watching it rain. I don't know if the morning could have been any better!

 
 

Around lunch time a former student who lives on the ranch came to visit. We made popcorn and watched a few movies. It was nice to spend some time with her.

The night was finished with dinner and working on a puzzle.

Not a bad way to start of the summer break!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! Sounds like a nice get away!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete