Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Remember How I Teach Grammar?


Remember the time that I participated for the first time in Slice of Life?
Remember how it was about my grandmother and the fun drink that she made me growing up?
And remember the glaring grammar mistake that I made?

Yeah, the one that I am known for correcting students for whenever they use it wrong.
The one that just this last Sunday the Sunday Morning Show on CBS talked about.
The one that I teach the students every year.
The one that my grandmother taught me and made sure I used correctly.

I am talking about the rule for using "I" and "me" correctly in a sentence.

Yes, somehow I used them incorrectly. My sentence was, "she made them for my sister and I." It clearly is supposed to be "me."

I was horrified this morning when I checked my email and had a message from a dear friend pointing out this mistake. Not only am I a teacher and I know better, there were several teachers/writers that read my last post and I am sure where thinking what kind of a teacher I must be since I so easily messed that one up. I quickly changed it.

Then laughed about it with Kris, my team teacher, until tears rolled down my cheeks. 

So, if you read my post yesterday, go back and read it again and see that it is now correct. Now that's not to say that there are other mistakes, but this one embarrassed me the most! ;0)

P.S Don't look at commas!

1 comment:

  1. Don't sweat it! :-) We all have those kinds of moments.

    ReplyDelete