Friday, August 2, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup


Chicken tortilla soup. Yum.


Today I got to meet up with one of my dearest friends/roommates from college. She currently lives in Nicaragua and I don't get to see her often, so we make the best of the time we do get together. What better way to celebrate than chicken tortilla soup!

While I was eating a few bites of her soup (because I wasn't smart enough to order it,) I decided that I really need to try to make my own soup. I think the reason that I have not tried yet is because I am afraid it isn't going to be good.

Well this is nonsense! I am just being a footler! I need to get my tookus into the kitchen!

Now the task of finding a recipe. There are more recipes for this soup than I have unread books on my list!

So I am asking for your help.

What recipe for chicken tortilla soup have you tried? Please share. I will make each recipe shared and whichever recipe I like best will receive a prize.

2 comments:

  1. I've never made tortilla soup, either! But I have a good recipe for adobo chicken soup...if you want it, I'll give it to you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I've made this recipe before. It's quite tasty! Of course I make my own modifications but I always follow a recipe exactly the first time. :) Enjoy! Andrea

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/01/chicken-tortilla-soup/

    ReplyDelete