Speaking of weekend, this weekend I was able to cross a big project off of my to-do list!
My dad has a Masonic event coming up and he needed some gifts to give. So Molly and I got our craft on and for about 24 hours attempted to be Domestic Divas. It was probably a good thing that we didn't have video cameras out.
We decided that we would make a gift for the ladies and made plans to make therapeutic bags. Fabric was purchased, tables were cleaned off and we set off to work!
Here are a few things we learned:
- Ironing isn't affective if the iron isn't plugged in
- Sewing machine bobbins have minds of their owns (but thanks to YouTube they were defeated)
- Spools of thread aren't never ending
- Wal-Mart doesn't always have everything one might need at ten o'clock at night
- Sewing machines can jam up
- Sewing machine needles will break if you are a She Hulk
- You will make mistakes at the end of the project if you are tired
- Seam rippers are your friend
Molly sent this to me Monday morning and it pretty much reflected my last outburst before I left her house with the last bag to finish!
Overall, I had a fun time working on this project with my sister and we had lots of laughs. Hopefully the ladies who receive them enjoy them as much as we did making them.
Molly and Bailey couldn't wait for me to leave so they could take a nap!