Thursday, June 26, 2014

It Might Be Time

October 2013 brought a bad case of summer blues for me. I couldn't wait for summer break. I didn't have a good reason. It was a mystery as to why May 16th couldn't come any faster.

Packing up my room at the end of the year was the hardest for me yet. Maybe it was the news just hours before that my dear OMM was now sitting at the feet of Jesus, but all I could do was think about next year. I kept thinking about how I was going to do things in the fall and wandering around the room. I wanted to forgo the deep clean that my classroom gets each summer and not shove everything in every open space. I had to finally get stern with myself and focus on the task at hand: finish this year first. Once I finally convinced myself to shove thoughts of next year away, I fully dove into summer. I didn't want to think about or see a student for a few days.

Now here we are, almost July and I think it might be time. It might be time to walk into a clean classroom full of potential and new beginnings. I am intimidated by all the work that has to be done, but excited at the same time. Right now, at this very moment, I am the most excited about my new classroom phone!

I think I will wait until it is officially July before I go in. A few hours here and there will satisfy my itch.

What is it time for in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment