Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sarah in Sara(h)toga Vol. 2

My adventures in WY continue today with Jane while Henry works hard. After a breakfast of waffles and chocolate gravy we made our way to Sweet Marie's Bakeshop. I fell in love! It was such a cute little shop and had a good variety of tasty treats and coffee.


I had a Snickers Mocha Latte and a coconut cake donut and Jane feasted on Mexican Wedding cookies and coffee.

Cupcake display

Customers can write on small cupcake liners and put them up on cute little boards on the walls. Ideas were running on how to adapt it to the classroom.


We then made our way to Encampment which is about 20 miles south of Saratoga. We went to the museum there and then made our way to the campground near the river for a picnic. My country/mountain roots were watered here.


 And finally, for possibly the most exciting news of the day! We stopped by a thrift store before heading out of town, and to be honest, I wasn't thinking I was going to find anything. WRONG! I found this:


And it works! I am going to put it in my classroom this fall. The kids aren't going to know what to do with it! It is going to be so much fun! 

Did you have one of these phones when you were younger or do you still have one?

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, I wish I could see their reactions to the phone...Sounds like you had a great trip and beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! They already didn't know what to do with just a regular touch tone phone!

      Delete